April 12, 2003
- we finished recording the LP! shit yeah
- we started booking this summer's tour. help us out if you can. thanks.
- changed the website a bit and shit
March 02, 2003
- Just got done adding 180 pictures from our 2002 summer tour to the "photos" page. Go peep them shits
- Sucks to only add one thing to this, but nothing else important has
happened in the past 4 days
February 26, 2003
- As you can see, we haven't updated this portion of the web site in 363
- We've been getting other sections of the web site caught up though.
- Now, there's an mp3 section. Go nerd it up.
- We go in to record our LP on March 8th and 9th. Should be out soon on Six Weeks.
- We're starting to book our 2003 summer tour soon, so get in touch if you wanna help us out
- San Dimas highschool football rules!
February 28, 2002
- Split LP with Municipal Waste on Six Weeks Records is now available!!
- We now have crucialunit.net and crucialunit.com!!
- Justin started his own label called "De La Mente" and is releasing the Moshzilla 7" and a collection CD called "Everything Went Strunk".
- Van Unit has been repaired.
- We are currently preparing for a 1 month US tour in may/june 2002!!
- RAMBO is set to record for the split, so that 7" should be coming out pretty soon on Ed Walters.
November 16, 2001
- Van Unit exploded. We need a new engine!
- the Moshzilla 7" should be out very soon.
- Moshzilla cd-ep will be out in early 2002.
- We record for a split LP/CD w/ municipal waste on Six Weeks tomorrow.
- We also record for a split 7" with rambo on Ed Walters Records
- Full USA tour planned for May 2002.
- new site design and whatnot also in 2002.
July 17, 2001
- The killed in Action split 7" is out now! look in distros for it.
- CxUx interview in the lastest MRR
- recording and artwork for the Moshzilla 7" go out this week.
- tour is almost finalized - check the shows page
- the split 7" with rambo is delayed until both bands record
- we will record for the split CD with NOT! and the Rambo split in
august or september
May 20, 2001
- The Killed in Action split 7" should be out anytime now
- Tour - its pretty much planned - check the shows section
- We are recording for a split 7" with Rambo on EdWalters Records and a
split CD with Not! on Six Weeks Records sometime this summer.
- An LP is in the works.
- We are playing Meadville, NYC and Allentown PA on memorial day
March 7, 2001
- The Crucial Blast 7" is finally out!!
- We premiered 6 new songs when we played with deathreat and caustic
- The killed in action split 7" on fast for life is being pressed right
- The 10 song FAST FOR LIFE 7", MOSHZILLA, will be available by late
- A CD with the kia split and ffl 7" as well as 3 unreleased tracks
and a video will be ready by late spring as well. we are going to keep it
- We are going to record for the RAMBO split 7" in may.
- A lot of out of town shows have been scheduled. check the shows
page for more info.
- A late July/early August tour is in the works. we will hit up
columbus, michigan, chicago?, akron ohio, buffalo?, western mass?, boston,
new brunswick nj, and possibly more.
January 5, 2001
- The new years eve show in Philly was amazing. the mosh was brought
when we played and then Rambo and Tragedy blew us away.
- We are playing Caustic Christ's first show on January 11th. This
features 2 members of aus rotten, an ex member of ABC Order and Bill from
- A few new songs are in the works.
- We may move our tour to August instead of May. Details soon.
November 29, 2000
- Our new drummer, JD, fucking rips.
- We are doing a split 7" with Killed in Action on FastForLife Records,
which should be sent out very shortly. We still need to get artwork for
- Our s/t 7" on Crucial Blast Records will be available from LumberJack
in January and from us sometime before that.
- We are playing New Years Eve with Tragedy, Rambo and possibly
DropDead. This will be in Philly.
- No word on when the comps are coming out.
- A split 7" with Fate of Icarus is being talked about, but isn't
- Ian and Hosstito are starting to write new material for a possible
October 15, 2000
- Many months have passed. Lots of news to tell.
- Bad News: Chris is moving to Boston. He got a job as a children's
librarian, which is definitely rad...but we are losing him.
- Good News: JD of Ear to Ear is going to play drums with the unit now.
We ran through a few songs with him and it looks like we aren't going to
slow down at all.
- We are recording 5 final songs with Chris on Tuesday October 24th.
One of these songs is "Smell the Bacon (What's With You?)" by Agnostic
Front/Madball. This means we will have 15 recored and unreleased songs
ready for the best offer.
- All of our releases should be out sometime soon. We are serious..
- Talk of either a March or Summer tour are in the works, once Mike
finds out whats going on in the workplace.
- Ian works at a food co-op and is is growing dreadlocks to compliment
his hemp shoes.
- Hosstito got his own apartment and will be moving off of his sister's
July 31, 2000
- The unit rocked one of our best sets ever with KTMWQ, ROM, and
Affront at Mr. Roboto on Sunday the 24th. tons of moshing.
- We played two sets this past Saturday with kungfu rick and fate of
icarus . The second one was at a "rave" and it was totally intense.
- We were asked to be on a 4 way split on Willowtip Records with Circle
of Dead Children, Fate of Icarus, and Sadis Euphoria. This will be out
late fall, early winter.
- The 7" on Crucial Blast Records is scheduled to be out in early
June 17, 2000
- We now have 30 songs mix and ready to be mastered tomorrow.
- The 7" on Crucial Blast is due out this fall.
- Check the releases section for a list of stuff coming out on various
May 12, 2000
- The unit rocked Columbus last month and kids moshed. not as hard as
they did for Gordon Solie Motherfuckers, but that kind of stopped the show
- Chris and Hoss now work together.
- We are going into the studio with Andy Wright this weekend to record
29 or 30 songs.
- Expect a seven inch on Crucial Blast (formerly fistfight records)
- We are doing 2 covers and one original for an anti-reagan comp.
March 11, 2000
- The unit is back after a 2-3 week hiatus with 4 or so new songs and a
4 hour practice.
- We whooped a camel's ass in meadville and made a few Pittsburgh
- Chris got a new job cleaning books in a library.
- Ian wrote a 47 page tour diary from his 4 day spring break trip.
- Hoss quit his job so he can dedicate his life to rock and roll.
- Mike got a cigarette lighter amp.
February 12, 2000
- Its been a busy month. Here's the lowdown.
- We played with Aus Rotten and Corey did back-ups on PDA! The show
raised over $600 for the Mr. Roboto Project.
- Hoss got a job and a lot of blisters.
- We played live on WPTS with Disturbed Youth and the El Camino Club of
SW PA and it went incredibly well.
- MP3's will be available from the live radio performance very soon.
November 20, 1999
- We forgot to mention that Hoss Tito finished bar tending school.
- Ian hurt a girl at our last show and is in the process of apologizing.
- Chris broke his bass drum pedal, crash symbol and hi-hat clutch during
- Ian put three new robot stickers on his guitar and took a "boycott
proctor and gamble" sticker off because it was "cliche."
- We have all taken the name of generic brand cookies. More on this
November 16, 1999
- The Unit has been ressurected. Much mosh occurred at our first show
back. We were a bit sloppy, but we still moshed you.
- Rumor of a MOSH FEST in our nation's capital is going around and if
this does occur, the unit will be ready for you to mosh.
- We are playing first at the Turmoil show, so be prepared to circle pit
with Manny Theiner.
September 7, 1999
- Our Summer break is over. Ian is back in the burgh and Chris Strunk
of Fate of Icarus and Kisses and Hugs fame is now playing
- Speaking of our new drummer, he likes to play fast and hard. Let's
just say that we are all getting used to playing at his speed.
- We have a seven inch offer from Fist Fight Records and once we are
back up to par we are going to record for it.
- Expect some live mosh very shortly.
June 7, 1999
- Our apologies go to anyone who wanted to see us in Cleveland this
past weekend. Our drummer flaked out on us only hours before the show.
- Expect to see us creating twice as much mosh with a new drummer and
lot of new songs in the Fall.
May 26, 1999
- We haven't played together since Philly because Chainsaw is in
Lancaster and Ian is moving to Philly for the summer.
- Moshing will be in full effect at the cleveland fest.
- I have to drop a duece really bad right now.
April 27, 1999
- Philly was pretty intense. We played our worst set ever, but we still
went over kind of well.
- Cuts and scrapes were acquired during His Hero is Gone's set.
- The kids moshed for Mumia.
- We are playing a radio show on May 6. WRCT - 88.3 FM in Pittsburgh.
April 17, 1999
- We created mosh at two shows last week. Despite some jackasses, the
Neville Street show was totally intense.
- We are playing next Saturday in Philly and His Hero is Gone were added
to the bill. MOSH!
- Mike bought his own Bass.
April 2, 1999
- Mosh has been moved from Latrobe to 326 Neville St. on April 10.
- Mosh will be provided in Philly on April 24 at Stalag 13.
- 3 members of the unit were seen moshing in Michigan last weekend.
March 21, 1999
- Last week we played our third show. We rocked infront of 20 or so
people. We proved that we can play without all of the kids moshing.
- We have 4 shows coming up. Latrobe, Pittsburgh and Philly in April
and Cleveland in June.
March 7, 1999
- Chainsaw broke the windshield of a Nissan with his face while riding
his bike. He is now okay.
- We are playing with the circle of dead children at chatham on March
14th as a benefit for a rape crisis center.
- The Kid Dynamite show was moved to May 15 with Reagan Squad and
Anti-Flag. Mucho kids, mucho moshing.
- On Friday March 5, 1999, Ian played bass with Jason Oi and Pat
(ex-drummer of Aus Rotten) in the living room of 3509. They played Minor
Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Misfits, 7 Seconds, and Op Ivy covers. There
was a whole lot of moshing going on.
February 21, 1999
- After a lot of hassles and agravation, the demo is finally done. click here for more info.
- We played our second show last night. Kids moshed. Thanks to the
circle of dead children, jack loses his grip, mc hed and his beatbox, and
the el camino club/here be dragons zine.
- We have a shitload of shows coming up in the
next few months.
January 26, 1999
- Mike is deathly ill so we can not play tonight at MIT. Damnation AD
also canceled their entire tour.
- We have been asked to play the Cleveland
Fest in June. We're there
January 19, 1999
- The four track has been mastered. We expect to release the demos
sometime in early February. An address will be given once it is finished.
- The el Camino club proposed a weekend get away to Baltimore and
Philadelphia for a two show extravaganza. More on that as soon as its
January 17, 1999
- The recording was a fluke. John did Fail. We are in the process of
mastering the four track ourselves and recording alone. stay tuned.
- Rumor has it that we are playing Laga in Pittsburgh with Kid Dynamite
and Reagan Squad sometime in April.. More on that later.
January 16, 1999
- The unit will be playing with Damnation AD on January 26th at MIT in
the burgh. mosh.
- There are now five members in the unit. We picked up Dan Wyrostek,
better known as Hoss, to play second guitar. mosh.
- The Crucial Unit demo is being recorded tonight by none other than
John Will Fail. A mailing address will be given once it is finished.